Remember the now infamous Blake Griffin pitch? Or, how about that time when TB12 and David Ortiz tried to get KD to sign with Boston? Welp, it looks like LeBron does not want any of that to happen.
Ramona Shelburne had this to say about The King and his recruiting process:
“While James hasn’t decided yet whether to pick up his player option, sources close to the situation tell ESPN that he has no intention of hearing elaborate pitch meetings from teams.
James might meet or speak with a club official or owner at some point, but the elaborate presentations that have become common in NBA free agency over the years are unnecessary after 15 seasons in the league.”
Why, you might ask? This might indicate that LeBron and his team are closer to knowing where they will go than we think. After all, why else would this media savvy megastar he want to speed up this process? James and his camp have surely done their fair share of research concerning potential free agent destinations, with notes that might look like this:
- Boston cannot sign James outright, forcing him to opt into his final year and then be traded for another star.
- Philly stars have either long term injury or jumpshot concerns.
- LAL is not guaranteed to land PG13, or even Kawhi this year
- Cleveland faces another uphill personnel climb
- Houston will need to obtain more cap space
- Golden State would be a legacy disaster
Where will LeBron land? Who knows. But the fun is just beginning.
Next up – Watch for LeBron to either accept or decline his 35 million dollar player option by this Friday.